Thursday, March 11, 2010

a stellar ride today

It was an overcast day here in Chester County but nonetheless, a great day for biking with little to no wind and temps in the 50s. I left around 9:30 am and there were few cars on the roads. I traveled over quiet, scenic roads.

First leg on the ride I spotted the illusive blue bird, my second sighting this spring. Coming home I was passing a well known horse farm in my area and saw one of the stable workers walking along the road. I stopped and asked when the foals were coming. Much to my surprise she said one was born already and was just 2 days old. She said turn around and see little Sophie. A 2 day old baby horse, running around its mother. Beyond cute and worth stopping to see.

This horse farms houses over 100 horses and expects 30 foals this spring. It is quite the sight. I often see cyclists out in pace lines or heads down as they race along the roads.

Sometimes slowing down to smell the roses is a good thing. Sometimes it is more than the miles and speed, sometimes it is just looking around and appreciating the fact that you are on a bike and not at work, and that you have the health to enjoy the activity.


sorry, no pics as I forgot my camera


No comments: