Monday, February 15, 2010
get ready folks
1. Opening bike clinic for newbies, and ride leaders and oldies, tentative date March 14, Sunday afternoon - agenda - recruit ride leaders, help newbies get started, tips on how to buy a bike and where to go, how not to get ripped off at the bike store and how to change a flat tire.
2. Bigger attendance at area sponsored rides, upcoming Icicle Metric, March 27, Girls with Gears April 18, Chester County Cancer Ride May 23, Pedal to Preserve June 5 PLAN NOW AND PLAN TO RIDE
3. NEW RIDE LEADERS who have already volunteered, Fran D - Level D, Ellen Z and Katherine L for C+, Eileen F for Level C, Tom D for Level C and Cassandra H is looking to do training rides on weeknights and I am looking for more folks to step forward. Email me if interested. ALL you have to do is one or two rides.
4. More ride events such as the Brunch Ride, Kennett Square Mushroom Festival, rides on the Perkiomen Trail for those with cross bikes, rides on the Schuylkill River Trail to the Art Museum and a food stop in Manyunk to name a few. Open to ideas from everyone.
5. Email me with ideas or bring them to the March 14 opening meeting where I hope to see lots of you step up with ideas on how to expand our bike riding.