Thursday, December 4, 2008

SRT new extension now open, ride up for Saturday


This is the Schuylkill River Trail heading west from Betzwood. You now have two extensions to bike on heading west. The Phoenixville extension from its beginning to the parking lot in Mt Clare is 2 miles, you can bike even further by biking along the canal and turning around at Produce Junction at the intersection of RT 29 and the canal road.

I then did the Perkiomen extension and by the time I got back to Betzwood I had biked 18 miles. So there is lots of new biking on the trail. I then biked to the edge of Norristown and my total miles were 28 and I never had to go past Norristown nor Conshocken.

Ride up for Saturday Dec 6, meet at Hot Foot, 18 or 24 miles depending on how cold it is.

YOU MUST have thick heavy gloves, skull cap and ear covers, thick tights, shoes covers and a windstopping jacket.  Check the comments section on the last post. My sister gave a good recommendation for shoe and hand warmers.

Biking in the winter is just as fun as biking in the summer. Plus NO ONE is on the Schuylkill River Trail. So you have it to yourself.

No comments: