Sunday, December 30, 2012
Ladies - Get a bike that fits, please
Biggest mistake ladies make when buying a bike - buying an ill fitting bike. Happens over and over, even good cyclists buy bad bikes. Rule number one.....
1. NEVER buy a man's bike, ever, ever ever ever, no matter what the guy says in the bike store, always ask if this is a women specific bike or a man's bike
2. DO you homework before going, there is a new thing out, it's called the Internet!!! use it and do your homework
3. See my post on bike gears and get yourself a bike that you will use over and over and over
4. check out a few different bike stores, there is no need to spend a ton of money, a good bike can be had for around $1400, you are saying holy cow, that much, hey do you want this hobby or not, think how much other hobbies cost over a few years time, skiing, golf or a vacation, $1400 is cheap in comparison
5. higher costs for a bike are determined by the quality of gearing, not necessary to buy top of the line
6. frame, wheels etc all go into the cost of the bike
7. NEVER LET THE bike store owner tell you that you do not need easy gearing, trust me, YOU WILL NEED IT
See you on the road!!!